In the framework of a DIM RESPORE project, the Institut Galien Paris Saclay (Team Nanomedicine for treatment of severe diseases) and the ESPCI Paris- PSL (Molecular, Macromolecular Chemistry and Materials Laboratory) are inviting applications for a postdoctoral researcher position. We are looking for a motivated full-time post doc to work on the construction of a hybrid hydrogel intended to serve as a versatile composite material able to satisfy the needs of controlled and long-lasting drug release. This hybrid system will combine a porosity-controlled hydrogel matrix and medicated nanocarriers.
- Synthesis and characterization of an opportunely functionalized polymer as hydrogel matrix
- Formulation and characterization of drug-loaded surface-decorated polymer nanoparticles
- Formulation and characterization of the hybrid hydrogel
- The eligible candidate must be within 2 years of his/her PhD thesis defense (that is, Phd obtained after March 2019) or in position to obtain a PhD in the near future (February 2021 at latest) The applicant must possess solid skills in the field of (bio)material synthesis and physico-chemical characterization (polymers, hydrogels) as demonstrated by his/her publication record, including at least one first authorship. Skills on formulation and characterization of drug delivery systems are an advantage.
- The candidate must be proficient in oral and written English. We are looking for candidates interested to work in a multidisciplinary research environment, who have excellent communication skills and are team-oriented, focused, self-motivated, trustworthy, critical and openminded.
- We exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. https://bit.ly/3liPjq5. Applications via email will not be considered.
- The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae with names and contact information of 3 referees, a complete list of publications and a statement of research interest. The application documents must be sent as a single PDF file. Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
Start date: (As soon as possible, ideally February 2021)
Duration : 12 months
Location: Institut Galien Paris-Saclay, UMR CNRS 8612, 5 rue JB Clément, 92290, Châtenay-Malabry, France http://www.umr-cnrs8612.universite-paris-saclay.fr/index.php
Part of the research will be carried out at the C3M laboratory (ESPCI Paris- PSL) under the co-supervision of Pr Laurent Corté and Pr Sophie Norvez.
For enquires about the position, please email Dr Simona Mura simona.mura [at] universite-paris-saclay.fr with the subject “DIMRESPORE_postdoc".