In the framework of the EMERGENCE@INC project, the Institut Galien Paris Saclay (Team Nanomedicine for treatment of severe diseases) is inviting applications for a postdoctoral researcher position.
The interaction of intravenously administered nanomedicines with nonspecific molecules/proteins in the blood modifies their synthetic surface and makes them acquire a novel biological surface which will strongly influence their in vivo fate. In this context, we are looking for a motivated full-time post doc to work on the investigation of the behavior of nanomedicines in biological media and to elucidate the role of hydrodynamics (e.g., flow velocity, shear stress) on the acquisition of the biological surface.
- Formulation and characterization of a library of polymer nanoparticles (NPs) with different physico-chemical properties (e.g., size/surface chemistry/shape)
- Investigation of NP interaction with biological media (e.g., protein solutions, plasma, whole blood) under flow
- Evaluation of NP/protein interactions (e.g., protein adsorption, NP aggregation, disassembly)
- The applicant must possess solid skills in the field of polymer nanocarriers synthesis and physico-chemical characterization as demonstrated by his/her publication record, including at least one first authorship. Expertise on proteomics, fluid dynamics, circular dichroism and/or small angle x-ray scattering is an asset. The candidate must be proficient in oral and written English. We are looking for candidates interested to work in a multidisciplinary research environment, who have excellent communication skills and are team-oriented, focused, self-motivated, trustworthy, critical and openminded.
- We exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal: https://bit.ly/379c9wv. The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae with names and contact information of 3 referees, a complete list of publications and a statement of research interest. The application documents must be sent as a single PDF file. Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
Starting date: (As soon as possible, 1 st March 2021 at latest)
Duration : 12 months
Location: Institut Galien Paris-Saclay, UMR CNRS 8612, 5 rue JB Clément, 92290, Châtenay-Malabry, France. Part of the research will be carried out at the NIMBE Lions laboratory (CEA, Saclay) in collaboration with Dr Patrick Guenoun and Dr Frederic Gobeaux.
For enquiries about the position, please email Dr Simona Mura simona.mura [at] universite-paris-saclay.fr with the subject “INCEmergence_postdoc”.