XIIIth Spanish-Portuguese Conference on Controlled Drug Delivery
22-24th, January 2020, School of Medicine, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the “XIIIth Spanish-Portuguese Conference on Controlled Drug Delivery”, which will be held from January 22-24th, 2020 at the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Alexander T. Florence (University of London, UK) - “A « nano » trajectory and the complexities of targeting”
- Mark Prausnitz (Georgia Tech, USA) - “Microneedle patch technology for long-acting contraception and dermal interstitial fluid diagnostics.”
- Steven R. Little (University of Pittsburgh, USA) - “Controlling “Controlled Release” to Make Medicine That Imitates Life”
- Ignacio Melero (University of Navarra, Spain) - “On translatable local approaches for cancer immunotherapy”
- Luis Liz-Marzán (CIC biomaGUNE, San Sebastian, Spain) - “Diagnosis and Therapy Based on Gold Nanoparticles”
Specific topics of the conference include:
- TRANSDERMAL AND TRANSMUCOSAL DELIVERY
- THERAPY AND PREVENTION OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- REGENERATIVE MEDICINE AND CELL THERAPY
- TARGETED DRUG DELIVERY AND COMBINATION THERAPIES
- DELIVERY OF BIOMACROMOLECULES AND OLIGONUCLEOTIDES
- ORAL DELIVERY OF DRUGS AND OTHER ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Moreover, you will have access to:
- A discussion panel dedicated to “The perspective of the Industry in Nanomedicine”, in which industrial experts from different countries will debate on the difficulties of the companies to translate nanomedicines to the market.
- A Session dedicated to the “25th Anniversary” of the SPLC-CRS. We have prepared, a very special session which includes testimonies of the past Presidents of the SPLC-CRS and of the representatives of several CRS European Local Chapters.
- Various sessions with short talks selected from abstracts.
We hope to continue the history of the successful recent past meetings in Coimbra, Granada , and Valencia, and welcome very much your participation to the “XIIIth edition” in Santiago, which will be with your help again a successful event.
The organizing committee
- Dolores Torres - President of the SPLC-CRS (University of Santiago de Compostela)
- María Blanco-Prieto - Secretary of the SPLC-CRS (University of Navarra)
- Manuel J. Santander-Ortega -Treasurer of the SPLC-CRS (University of Castilla-La Mancha)
- Carmen Evora - Vicepresident of the SPLC-CRS (University of La Laguna)
- Bruno Sarmento - Governor of the SPLC-CRS (University of Porto, Portugal)
- Helena Florindo - Governor of the SPLC-CRS (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- María José Alonso – Past President of the CRS (University of Santiago de Compostela)